LOS ANGELES TENANT ATTORNEYS FOR HABITABILITY CASES
LOS ANGELES TENANT -ATTORNEYS FOR HABITABILITY CASES
At the Brinton Firm PC, we believe strongly in protecting your right to a safe and secure home. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars from landlords through legal settlements that hold landlords accountable for negligence, illegal practices, and unsafe or slum-like properties.
We specialize cases that involve a tenant-landlord relationship under California State law, including cases concerning a legal breach of the implied warranty of habitability.
In the state of California, habitability laws are legal and civil protections that require landlords to maintain a minimum level of maintenance and pest control. A landlord should provide basic maintenance – including necessary repairs and pest control – at any properties that they own to ensure that tenants can live comfortably. If a landlord allows a property to become uninhabitable, the tenant can sue and may be entitled to considerable damages.
Don’t let landlords take advantage of you or force you to live in unsafe conditions! If you’re dealing with a pest infestation, unrepaired damage, or contamination from mold, asbestos, or lead paint, we can help.
Our legal team is experienced in California habitability rights, ready to protect renters against malicious landlords and advocate for your rights in court. Contact us today to discuss your concerns and case.
TYPES OF HABITABILITY CASES THAT THE BRINTON FIRM HANDLES
- Homes that are infested with pests such as roaches, bedbugs, or rodents due to the landlord’s failure to conduct pest control or fumigate
- Homes that lack functional plumbing, heating, electrical, or other utility services
- Homes with water damage, fire damage, or other damage that has not been repaired to provide adequate living conditions
- Contamination from lead paint or asbestos
- Severe mold contamination
- Any injury or medical issue which occurs as a result of the tenant’s home not being fully habitable
- Retaliation against tenants who request repairs or raise issues that the landlord is responsible for
What makes a home habitable?
A habitable home should:
- Be structurally sound, with complete and solid walls, floor and roof.
- Be free from rats, roaches, bedbugs, or any other type of vermin.
- Have all electrical systems up to current code and safe for people to utilize without risk of electrical fire or blowing a fuse.
- Have adequate working locks to keep tenants safe from intruders.
- Have functioning windows and doors.
- Be free of lead-based paint hazards. If such hazards are present, this must be declared to all tenants and then should be quickly remedied.
If you’re dealing with any of the above situations, the Brinton Firm can help you get recourse and protect your rights.
Contact our habitability law experts at the Brinton Firm today. We have a caring and capable team ready to help you with your case.
Creative Heads Inc.
Matt is like a legal-Sith master for good. Incisive. Decisive. Insightful. Authoritative. Trustworthy. Steady. A mediation-maverick, with a briefcase in place of a light saber (and he sports dapper suits)
Matt and his colleague Nick have been absolutely exemplary to work with. They are both very knowledgeable, direct yet easy to work with, patient and most importantly, got the result we were all hoping for
Do you have any questions ?